Senior Electrical System Engineer
PROSE is one of Europe’s leading partners for mobility engineering. We are an international team realising A-Z projects for the rebuilding/refurbishment of railway vehicles, development projects of sub-systems and components, as well as advisory and consulting assignments.
We are currently looking for a Senior Electrical System Engineer to join us on this mission in our office in Pisa. The Senior Electrical System Engineer will be called to design electrical system architectures at train and subsystem level, to define the functional and electrical requirements of the various components that will be installed on board the train. The Senior Electrical Engineer will also oversee the work of the other engineers involved in the project and provide technical support to the younger members of the team. As a technical team leader, the Senior Electrical Engineer is fully responsible for compliance with the sub-objectives (content, schedule, and costs) agreed with the Manager of the Electrical Department or the Project Manager.
- Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunication Engineering degree
- 10+ years of experience in electrical system engineer role in automation/railway companies
- Team leading and coaching skills
- Electrics and automation knowledge
- Good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken
- Availability to travel abroad
- Plus: Experience in the test & commissioning activities
- Plus: Knowledge of the main rules, standards and regulations in the railway sector.
- Planning and organisation
- Result orientation
- Permanent contract
- Workplace: Pisa, Italy
- Benefits: meal vouchers, smart working
PROSE was founded in 1982 and is an independent provider of solutions in the field of mobility. Our focus is on rolling stock engineering and consulting in the railway system. We offer these services worldwide. PROSE has offices in Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, Italy, France and Austria. We are majority owned by our employees. This ensures that our engineering and consulting services are provided independently. We work for our customers and for us – and for nobody else. Our customers – manufacturers, operators, authorities and maintenance providers – trust in our ability to deliver comprehensive solutions to complex challenges. With around 150 dedicated and experienced employees, we solve our global customers’ challenges wherever they need us. With 40 years of experience and over 5’000 successfully completed projects, PROSE is the partner of choice for shaping tomorrow’s mobility.